Why is it so important to keep the air quality clean in your home? Cleaning your air ducts can help minimize allergies, asthma, and other sicknesses related to poor air quality. Cleaning your air ducts is one of the primary ways to keep the air clean in your home to keep you and your family safe and healthy in Quincy, IL, West Central Illinois, or Northeast Missouri.
Not All Air Pollution Is Outside
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air quality can be more polluted than outdoor air. The buildup of dust, pollen, pet dander, and other airborne contaminants can cause indoor air pollution, and can also contribute to allergies and other symptoms due to contaminated air. These air pollutants can cause immediate and long-term health problems. Because we spend a significant time indoors, keeping your indoor air quality clean is important to protect your health.
Rely on the experience of ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration for expert air duct cleaning service in Quincy, IL, West Central Illinois, and Northeast Missouri.
How to know if you have an indoor air pollution problem:
- Does your air circulating system utilize a standard fiberglass filter?
- Do you have pets?
- Are there smokers in the house?
- Does anyone in our house suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Do you regularly clean excessive dust accumulations from your household furniture?
- Are you experiencing headaches, nausea, burning sensations in the nose, throat, or eyes when inside the home?
- Do you have dust trails or discoloring coming out of your air duct registers?
- When you last changed your furnace filter, did you see dust and dirt inside the filter housing?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you may have Indoor Air Pollution.
Consider having your air ducts cleaned if you have:
- Lived in your home for more than 10 years and have never had the ducts cleaned
- A newly constructed home
- An existing house that has been remodeled or was under construction
- Purchased a home and don’t know if the ducts have ever been cleaned
Air Duct Cleaning in Quincy, IL
If you choose to have your ducts cleaned, ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration will:
- Open access ports or doors to allow the entire system to be cleaned and inspected.
- Use vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside the home. We may also need to use High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) vacuuming equipment if the vacuum exhausts inside the home.
- Protect carpet and household furnishings during the air duct cleaning.
- Use well-controlled brushing of duct surfaces in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other particles.
- Use only soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board, and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass. Flex ducts can also be cleaned using soft-bristled brushes, or an air whip connected to an air compressor.
- Remove, clean, and reinstall all registers and vents.
- Take care to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes the service provider may have made or used so they are airtight.
Dirty, restricted air ducts also drastically increase utility costs. ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration technicians are trained to clean all types of duct work, even ‘flex duct’ and fiberboard ducts.
For ServiceMaster air duct cleaning in Quincy, IL, West Central Illinois, and Northeast Missouri, give us a call today at (866) 801-2653. We also provide free estimates.
Related Cleaning Services
Hard-Surface Floor Cleaning in Quincy, IL
Carpet Cleaning in Quincy, IL
Disinfection Services in Quincy, IL